Transferred my angler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I transferred my coinbearing angler from my 10 gallon to my main 150 tank on Sunday. He ate a gutloaded ghost shrimp before the transfer. I had him eating anything I put in front of him in a feeding line. He was eating krill, prawn, squid, scallop, etc.

I transferred him on Sunday. I acclimated him for over an hour. He quickly hid once I put him in. I saw him Monday morning but I didn't see him since.

I got a little nervous today so I started moving rocks around. There were two places I thought he might be. I found him in the cave my harelquin tusk dug out. The tusk was a bit hesitant to go in there so that's why I looked. He came swimming out and landed somewhere else.

My question is, how long can he go without eating? It has been four days. When bigger I know they can go for weeks. He is only 1 1/2 to 2 inches now so he's still growing. I put some live shrimp in tonight, but he didn't go for it because he was likely stressed from the disturbance.

He's eating again, but thanks for the replies.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom