Traveling with fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spazz67

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, my wife and son are takining her mom and Grandmaw, to visit her uncle who is on Kemo. Last time she went up there, she went in to a great pet store, with better prices than here. So shes thinking about getting a few things for her tank. Theres a couple of things she has questions about. The first of her worrries is bringing them home the drive is over 12 hrs plus an over night stay in a motel.
Is it posible to do this with marine fish? (she brought fish home before from here using electric & battery air pumps and 3 2gt containers, but they were FW.)
The second is it posible to do this with inverts and LR?

Any suggestions on how to do this or if it can even be done.

They are leaving on the 9th. So any advice is welcome.

I would have them bagged and put in a cooler (no ice) and possibly a heating pack (depending on how cold it will be when you drive. Think about all the places that ship overnight. I could be easily done.

I'd also be sure to let the LFS know that it will be a long trip. That way they can make sure to put a lot of air space and also maybe to double bag. I did a similar thing with some corals and they were fine, although it was only a 4 hr trip. The cooler helps a lot as it maintains temps as well as minimizes sloshing.

Back
Top Bottom