Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is a good diet for a bursa triggerfish?

Also would it eat the two cleaner shrimp in my tank?

I copied and pasted this from liveaquaria.com, hope it helps
"The Bursa Triggerfish needs a varied diet of meaty foods including; squid, krill, clams, small fish and hard shelled shrimp to help wear down their ever growing teeth."

What do you think it would do to my cleaner shrimp? And clown fish????

I don't have any experience with that trigger so hopefully somebody who does will chime in. I'm sure your clowns will be alright, but your shrimp will be at risk.

It will most certainly go after the inverts, can you re home them before the carnage? This isn't the same tank that had ich a few weeks ago is it? Hope not :(

My friend had a Niger trigger and a orange line(don't know real name) with a clown for years and never bothered it.

I also have a niger trigger. Have had him a few months and has not touched my little crabs. He is in with a yellow tang right now. They had problems the first day, but now I see them
Swim together all the time. From what I have gathered, it really just depends on the fish. I've read that yellow tang is not good with a trigger and was told that at my fish store, but I got him anyways.

What do you think it would do to my cleaner shrimp? And clown fish????

I have both a cleaner shrimp and a clown my trigger doesn't bother them infact my trigger sleeps by my cleaner shrimp and gets cleaned I have a bluejaw trigger. But he went after my hermit crab though

Back
Top Bottom