Triggerfish got beat up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techdad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was given a triggerfish because a friend put it in his tank and it got beat up. It lost a lot of his tail fin and bottom and to fins. Will they grow back? I have it in a sick tank now medicating it. Need some help with this one. He is eating well and can swim around. Hope he makes it!

What kind of trigger? Because triggers are usually the dominant ones.

Yes the fins can grow back. Sadly, if you don't have a 6' tank you won't be able to keep him forever :/. They need 6' tanks as they are aggressive and very active swimmers.

It's a 125 gallon and I can't get a good photo of him but this a photo I took off goggle and this is what he looks like

Attachments

• image-470972558.jpg
    image-470972558.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 130
Techdad said:
It's a 125 gallon and I can't get a good photo of him but this a photo I took off goggle and this is what he looks like

Those are beautiful fish! If you are medicating him and feeding him well, he should be okay! Just make sure he is fully healed before putting him in your tank. I sooooo need my larger tank back! LOL!

Huma huma, Picasso, the many names of this great little guy, question, what on earth beat him up???? Triggers usually run a tank! Another trigger? The only thing I worry about against my Huma is my Lunar Wrasse. But that is a really tough fish, so he should be ok.

Well, when he makes a full recovery, and I have faith he will, you will enjoy your Huma Huma , Picasso very much! By far my favorite fish ever!!!! Only one close to comparison is my Hawaiian Hawkfish.

I recently had a valentini puffer mutilate a small clownfish, bit off easily 90% of all of its fins, and just noticed today that a lot of it grew back. It was hard to see because he is so small and the fins are very transparent. It doesn't help that he temporarily living in the sump. Yes the sump. It was the only place I could put him without the others killing him. I used no medication or special treatment. Just dropped him in there, prayed for the best, feed him, and slowly but surely he is making a full recovery!!! Not too bad for a fish that when I found him, the puffer was destroying him, he was just hovering across the bottom, and I was sure he was going to die that night, but couldn't give up on the poor guy!

Back
Top Bottom