Turboflotor Multi VS. Remora Pro which one is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefKeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I'm in the process of buying a skimmer for my 37 gallon, I need a HOT, because I don't have a sump. The tank is new with nothing but 4" DSB and 35 lbs LR. I would like a HOT skimmer to eventually be enough for a larger future aquarium, as well as this 37 g. any suggestions for a quality skimmer? Thanks

I would say the remora Pro would work the best. I have the Regular Remora and It works awesome on my 55gal..

HTH<
James

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!

Hmmm, that would require me to have experience with both to answer the question. I think the Turbflotor is rated for a larger aquarium than the remora pro, and you can't really go wrong with either one. FWIW, you can easily use a remora (non-pro) for that size tank.

Thanks for the replies, I can get a turbo multi a little about $35.00 cheaper than the Remora Pro, Which one would be quieter and a little less maintenance?

The Aqua Medic is huge compared to the Aqua-c. THe Aqua-C would be my first choice.

I have an Aqua-C Remora Pro on my 55G and it works great. It has a pretty small foot print about 6" wide by 3" deep. I originally had a Red Sea Prism which did not perform well. Due to the cost of the Remora Pro I had to convince my wife that we needed to upgrade. After I got it up and running she couldn't believe how much gunk this skimmer collected. She was thoroughly grossed out. Needless to say she didn't want our fish swimming in dirty water :)

I got my Aqua-C from Captivereefs ;)

The turboflotor is definitely my 1st choice. I carry both in my store and also use them both. The only drawback is that the turboflotor works best when it's clean so maintance is a monthly thing sometimes 1 every two months. It is also extremely quiet. Aqua C is a bit louder and don't skim as well a the turbo flotor. But it is a great machine compare to the other stuff that is out. I just like the flotor better.

My choice would be the Aqua C Pro for two reasons. First, I have never used a Turboflotor so I don't really know much about them. Second, the Aqua C needs less room and I know it's a quality product. I have sold quite a few Aqua C's and everyone who has bought one has been happy with it as far as I know.

I bought the Turboflotor Multi, and am very happy with it.

Did you require 10" of space behind the tank? The directions on the web call for that and it seems like you have to have the tank pretty far away from the wall. Your thoughts?

Hello, my space behind my tank is 8" from the wall, and with the turboflotor, it takes up 7- 7 1/2", it is constantly pulling out this used motor oil nlooking stuff

hmmmm......any idea why www.marinedepot.com suggests that a minimum of 10" be available behind the aquarium to work properly? This is one of the main reasons I didn't go with it for my FOWLR tank.

Hello, I've been very satisfied witht he multi, I needed about 7 inches behind the tank, It is producing this oil colored water. The only thing I wish it had was an on/off switch, its kinda difficult for me to unplug the cord from the powerstrip when I need to empty the cup, I empty about once every 2 weeks. (Its difficult because I have to crawl around furniture to unplug the cord). I bought my son the remora, he loves it and is getting tea colored water, and his is quiet. He got the maxijet 1200 with his.

Hello, I've been very satisfied witht he multi, I needed about 7 inches behind the tank, It is producing this oil colored water. The only thing I wish it had was an on/off switch, its kinda difficult for me to unplug the cord from the powerstrip when I need to empty the cup, I empty about once every 2 weeks. (Its difficult because I have to crawl around furniture to unplug the cord). I bought my son the remora, he loves it and is getting tea colored water, and his is quiet. He got the maxijet 1200 with his.

I own A turbo floater multi and its on a 55gal. It works great. It only takes up about 7in. behind the tank. If I put it there but right now its under the tank hanging on my sump. Its quite quiet. As for the having to unplug it to empty the cup, I never unplug it. I cap the air intake.

I have the 1000 multi on my 125. It usually works fine but I'm getting a bigger, in-sump unit. The problems I've had are that it is quite sensitive to water levels. Too much water (too high) and it just pumps water into the cup. I have to unplug it during water changes. That's because there is no on/off switch. I also recently added a small air pump so that it would continue to make bubbles. I plan on pulling it out this weekend for an overhaul. I think there might be a small crack in the platic of the pump air intake. All in all I like this unit. I'm sure it would be better in a true sump than it is in my converted wet/dry.

Back
Top Bottom