Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Twin Spot Goby Help

Hi Guys,

I recently did a 27g saltwater FOWLR tank. I put in two clowns earlier this week which have been doing fantastically. Today, I went to the LFS and decided to get another fish, the last one for my tank. The fish I wanted was not available, so I went around the store looking at the gobies. I stumbled across a twin spot goby. I asked the person working at the LFS what they ate. He told me fed them a combination of flakes and bloodworms. I decided to go ahead and get one for my tank. After I got home and drip acclimated it into my tank. I decided to do further research on it. Apparently Twin spot goby is very difficult to keep and requires a very well established sw tank with tons of live rock and a deep sand bed. I current have a 4-5 sand bed but it's relatively new. I also have 6 pounds of LR and 35-40 pounds of base rock. Needless to say, I'm kind of lacking in food for it currently. I would really like to sustain this fish. I don't mind getting it store bought copepods and mysis shrimp as long as it needs them. I also plan to breed copepods in an extra tank I have lying around.

My question is, do you think it's possible to keep this fish live and healthy in my tank. Are there any tips any of you guys can offer?

syte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It's probably going to starve. These fish also do better in pairs. I suggest looking up fish on your phone at the store; it's what I always do.

slitherbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
They will eat bloodworms and you can drop a couple small sinking pellet type food where the goby hangs out, they sift sand and will eat those. I also seeded my tank with copepods and my twin spot goby is doing just fine.
JustinKBreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tremendous help as usual, thank you peeps
syte is offline   Reply With Quote

goby, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com