Two Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wabassoweird

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are the risks of keeping two different species of anemones in the same tank.I have a condy anemone and i was wandering if i could get a bubbletip also.

What size tank and what type lighting do you have? Also do you have corals in this tank?

what size is your tank? usually it is not reccomended and condy's have an ugly sting towards other anemone's

I have a 38 gallon with a 98 watt power compact. Ive had the condy for about a month and he seems to be doing fine.

your tank is way to small to house more anemone's. I wouldn't even add another condy to be on the safe side. most aquariums are in the range of 100+ before adding a second anemone due to space constraints.

I kind of agree that you need a bigger tank. I`m also concerned about your lights. If you dont have enough they will slowly start to deterioate. After a month they might look OK but after several months might be a different story.

So my light isnt strong enough for the one i have now. If not how much light do i need

how long have you had the condy? sometimes feeding, if you do, can override the need for excess lighting.

ive had the anemone for a little over a month. about once a week ill take a little piece of mysis shrimp and feed it

Back
Top Bottom