Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Two Coral Banded Shrimp in One Tank?

I've got a 55 gallon tall tank with around 50 pounds of live rock. There's 2 damsels, a clown fish, and a recently purchased coral banded shrimp. They all get along great together. I had just purchased the shrimp about a week ago, and my wife fell in love with it. She's been trying to talk me into getting a second one as well, but I've read online that there shouldn't be more than one per tank, but then I've also read of people keeping up to 3 in a single 55 gallon tank. Has anyone here had luck keeping more than one in a smaller sized tank like mine? Or would it be a better idea to just stick with one?

I found these guys to be a stunning creature, and would love to have a second one....unless there's chance of them becoming aggressive towards each other, or causing problems for each other, or the other fish in the tank.

Thank you in advance for any help!

The one I have now is a female from my understanding (not sure if that makes a difference or not, just thought id throw that in)

cashmoney6980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have a true pair there shouldn't a problem however 2 of the same sex can lead to problems from my understanding. My lfs keeps them separate even from the rest of the shrimp. Two had managed to get in the same little partitioned tank and one ended up without any claws.
joy13 is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, coral banded, rim, shrimp, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com