Two gobies one tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomas88r

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a month ago I added a yellow rose gobie to the tank. After a few days it vanished one day I was cleaning out my sump and found him under the return pump....After forever and a day trying to catch him I finally got him back into the main tank. Once again a few days later he vanished " I've named him Houdini" I ended up taking everything out the sump and all of the live rock out of the tank looking for this guy and never found him. Some time passed and I decided to get another gobie hoping the last one just had a personality problem. Added the new one to the tank two days ago and was checking on him this morning and noticed he has a nice hole going. I shined the light in to check and low and behold there sat Houdini along with the new gobie in the same hole! These are both yellow rose gobies, they seem pretty friendly to one another is there anything I should worry about or will they be ok in there together? It's a 100 gallon corner tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's pretty cool. I say let them figure it out. Maybe you got a male and female?

I had a diamond goby that I "lost" a bunch of times. One time he was in the overflow, one time a filter sock, etc.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys, they still seem to be getting along and a good point made if they don't like each other there is plenty of room in there

The two gobies finally went there separate ways Found a shrimp while I was feeding them today. Haven't seen him since a month ago when I put him inImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473381024.123899.jpg

Yeah this is the first I've seen of the guy I assumed he has been coming out at night. Apparently the inside of the main rock in my tank is pretty hollow and everything's been hiding in there

That's awesome. I have a 150 gallon, and I see crabs and snails that I haven't seen in months. I assume they were eaten by my puffer. It really makes you think how much life there is on the reef. Our tanks are closed systems and we lose things in there. The reef is endless.

Back
Top Bottom