Ughhhhhhh I think i made a mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday i got paid so i decided to treat myself with a new fish:] i ended up getting a pistol shrimp and a small royal gramma.

The gramma has made itself a home in a hollow rock with holes, but now every time he comes out of the rock, he gets harassed by my goby. I think my goby has established itslef as the head honcho of the tank because my clowns twitch at him when he gets close. was it a horrible idea to get the gramma? or will the goby harrassment subside?

is the goby a watchman goby? has it paired wit hte pistol shrimp? if so its possible that the goby is just chasing the gramma to protect the shrimp.

hopefully the goby adjusts to the gramma they are a pretty fish

is the goby a watchman goby? has it paired wit hte pistol shrimp? if so its possible that the goby is just chasing the gramma to protect the shrimp.

hopefully the goby adjusts to the gramma they are a pretty fish

Nope this is a sleeper goby and i dont think it'll pair up with the pistol shrimp. i decided that ill get the shrimp. if they dont pair up, hey i still have a cool shrimp:] and both the gramma and pistol have been in the tank for 5 hours now. maybe the goby is harassing the gramma because he's new?

How is he harassing?

Is the gramma just reluctant to be near it? That's how my gramma is. He stays away from everything.. as if he's scared.

scottayy said:
How is he harassing?

Is the gramma just reluctant to be near it? That's how my gramma is. He stays away from everything.. as if he's scared.

Yeah the gramma either hangs in or near his rock. And the goby just swims directly at him with his mouth opened until he goes back into his rock. As for being scared, I think it's just the goby. My clowns became curious and examined the gramma and he doesn't panic

Well the gramma made it through the night but this morning during feeding time, same thing. Goby would harass him a bit but Then leave em alone

Back
Top Bottom