Update to live rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
K I am OCD about the placement and overall aesthetic appearance of my live rock... Here's how it originally was...

image-3417187251.jpg

I know... Uncreative and boring... So then I changed it to this...

image-971541181.jpg

Yup, overcrowded I thought, so I sold about 20 lbs of rock so it looked like this...

Sorry hit wrong button... Here is what was next, and then next, and then next... Etc...

image-3755269839.jpg

But this is the final outcome.. I think. Whatcha all think??

image-2857825405.jpg

Attachments

• image-1066726909.jpg
    image-1066726909.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 152
The pic on the left ^^^^^ is how it is now...

image-1968860203.jpg

Here it is again.. And SORRY about all the posts, my thumbs are fat today apparently (more than normal)

Love the scaping and don't want you to rearrange at all for what I'm about to say but I find it more natural and appealing when you make things offset instead of symetrical so maybe one side a bit higher then the other and the main passage 1/3 of the way across instead of 1/2. Once again though love how it ended up turning out, how many lbs is that?

It's about 45 lbs... See its funny cuz the picture is deceiving. The background is black so you can see all the other caves and such which take the symmetrical look out all together... Here you can KINDA tell but not really with these pics haha..

image-1377544395.jpg

Attachments

• image-1973677580.jpg
    image-1973677580.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 149
  • image-4291564583.jpg
    image-4291564583.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 125
Plus I have 1 more piece of rock waiting for me at my LFS that has my massive anemone on hold :cool: so I'm gonna hafta make room and I'm sure that will completely throw things off haha!

If it fits what about on the ride side pile bringing it higher then the rest of the tank and hiding your filter tube from a straight view :)

I could try. I think I'm good for now tho, finally getting the look I'm aiming for... I don't think I want to have the rock piled up too high, pretty content with where it is!

Benamayer said:
It's about 45 lbs... See its funny cuz the picture is deceiving. The background is black so you can see all the other caves and such which take the symmetrical look out all together... Here you can KINDA tell but not really with these pics haha..

Ya I didn't even see the second cave on the far left.. that definitely helps balance out the look here's my try at a "natural" and "random" look

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120728_132417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120728_132417.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 136
I think it looks great!!! Hmmmm...now I'm thinking I should rearrange my live rock too....lol

Mrc8858 said:
Ya I didn't even see the second cave on the far left.. that definitely helps balance out the look here's my try at a "natural" and "random" look

Nice looks good!

nikki_kaiser said:
I think it looks great!!! Hmmmm...now I'm thinking I should rearrange my live rock too....lol

Sorry Nikki! It happens to me too when I browse around this forum lol!

I'm torn between the cave in the middle or the open middle and stacked on each side. I have a feeling your gonna change it again lol.

Oh and either way tank looks awesome.

mikestanked said:
Wow, they all look great! Its so nice to be able to rearrange your aquascape without livestock!

Oh there's livestock, just not too much... 2 mocha clowns, algae blenny, clown goby and a tiger goby... I think a coral beauty is going in this week!

Convict2161 said:
I'm torn between the cave in the middle or the open middle and stacked on each side. I have a feeling your gonna change it again lol.

Oh and either way tank looks awesome.

Stop enabling me con lol! I'm trying NOT to rearrange it. I think it looks pretty bangin now, plus looks right with the moons on :cool:

image-4186372621.jpg

Back
Top Bottom