Upgrading to a 220 gallon bowfront help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobdlaw610

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am running a 55 gallon fowlr right now and just got a 220 gallon bowfront I have a refugium, skimmer and mag 350 filter is there any other equipment that is a must for moving up to a tank that large

Just make sure your skimmer and filter are rated for that size tank.

You're gonna need to upgrade the equipment in a BIG way. That's a lot of water in that 220.

Granted, it also depends on your stocking level, but that's a healthy sized tank. I like the fact that you went bow front. I see a lot of bow fronts under 100 gallon.....and they're ok.......but a 220 bow has to be wicked cool. Like something in a public aquarium cool. So many possibilities there.

Congratulations!

Thanks I am super excited about it and more than happy to do big upgrades stocking is going to be small about 6 to 8 under 4" fish and anemones and eventually coral. Just looking for the essential equipment to get it up and running and then what upgrades can be gradual

That should be an awesome tank. Looking forward to pics.
Don't jump the gun on the anemones. They need an established tank (6 months seems to be recommended). Corals tho can go in earlier.

Ingy said:
That should be an awesome tank. Looking forward to pics.
Don't jump the gun on the anemones. They need an established tank (6 months seems to be recommended). Corals tho can go in earlier.

It's gonna be a couple moths till its running I have a ton of research to do and equipment to plumb in once I figure out what I need I have a nice rbta now in my 55 he will transfer after the tank is established cant wait

Back
Top Bottom