I have moved mine by hand lots of times, the spines are not terribly sharp. You would have to be moving fairly fast to get pricked....
Unless it is infact the Diadema sp. Diadema spines are incrdibly sharp and will penetrate skin with ease releasing the toxin. BTW
the toxin is not deadly it is just extremley uncomfortable, the contact area will feel like it is on fire and itch for a few hours to as long as a day.
A quick way to ease the pain is to sprinkle lots of meat tenderizer or pee on the contact point.
MOST urchins can be moved safely and with ease as long as you know it is not harmful.