Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-28-2016, 11:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Using seaweed on clip or Marine Grazer with starfish

Wondering if anybody else has this issue. So I use different kinds of food but when I use seaweed on a clip I can guarantee that in a few hours my starfish will find it and cover it up. Hog all the food. Same with marine grazer. I don't mind frozen food and pellets but I feel like these are cleaner methods keeping food in one place and better for the fish to eat throughout the day rather than all at once - until my starfish get to it. Kind of funny if you ask me and my fish look very healthy so I don't think it's too bad but that starfish is going to one obese starfish soon lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454040821.151687.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	284286

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

stan450z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I used to have same issue. I would put broccoli sprouts on a clip for my tangs and the stars would find it sooner or later despite me moving it around.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
I don't want to be put on a clip
I used to have the same kind of problem I used to put several clips around the tank to stop it . Than thinking about it since I'm a big macro junkie I added lots of macro's that I planted and like to grow , I no longer have the issues that my herbivores don't have any plant like macros to eat , I have all my macro's mounted on rocks and buried in the sand
they attach to the rocks over time and grow some what fast they do need grooming once in a while but that's part of the husbandry of the tank , keeping several different macro plants around the tank gives the fish some variety , not only does it help keep the nutrients in check they look good and the fish get different snacks to choose from ,
at first when I started out the tank looked horrible after lots of trimming and rearranging things came along after around 6 months , it takes time and patients to get things right ,
this was one of my very first macro tanks after many months of grooming
Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks. It's getting really frustrating. The starfish just consumes the marine grazer within a couple hours. Going to just start feeding regular frozen food now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
stan450z is offline   Reply With Quote

fish, marine, sea, seaweed, star, starfish, weed

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com