Vendors for live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theatrus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for some suggestions on good places to buy live rock. Locally, there is one outfit I know of (Capitol Aquarium in Sacramento, cured fiji rock, but not very colorful, and also $8/pound :-/), but I'm willing to do online. This is for a 55gal.

Thanks

Hi, Theatrus, welcome to AA! I'm in Rocklin. The only place around that I've found decent prices on LR locally is Paradise Aquarium. I'm setting up a 75, though, and I'm going to go with LR.com. It's aquacultured, and I feel better about that.

LiveRocks.com it is :) From the pictures alone, I'd say I'm rather impressed compared to other specimens I've seen.

I live in Sacramento and I just wanted to put in my two cents. First, never shop at Capitol Aquarium. They basically charge twice as much as anyone else in the city. O Street Aquarium is around the block from Capitol and offers better service and prices, but I'm not sure if they carry LR. Exotic Aquarium on Florin Rd sells LR and it's cheaper than Capitol. Everyone on this board swears by liverocks.com. I've never personally bought from them, but everyone here seems happy with their rock and the pics are usually pretty impressive.

Wow! Is lr.com a sponsor for AA? http://www.aquariumadvice.com/images/smiles/eek2.gif
EEK

Thanks for the tip bodie. I realize Captiol is a major ripoff. I'm just getting started in SW (been doing FW for years). I like Exotic Aquarium myself, I just haven't been there lately to look at their SW offerings (though I always spend too much time in the back with the cichlids :)). I went with LiveRocks.com, the rock looks great. Its cycling my 55gal right now. I'll venture out and look for some fish locally.

Back
Top Bottom