volitan lionfish in a 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well I'm set on a lionfish of some description and I'm leaning towards an eel and a angler, aside from that though I'm looking at a couple more things. In my sump I have 4 sections I was thinking on putting a skimmer (possibly a magus bubble c5 unless anyone has better suggestions) and a heater in section 1, a section with deep sand bed some macro algae and maybe a few shrimp in section 2, live rock in section 3 and return pump in section 4 does this sound ok fr a fowlr tank or have I missed anything.

I am also looking into lighting I am considering a few mushrooms in there but nothing to difficult to care for would two 54 watt t5s with something to reflect the light into the tank e sufficient?

I had a full grown lion fish and a two foot long snowflake in a 55 for years. Both ate frozen silversides, and not each other. Anything else in the tank was fair game.

How big did it get, what, sort of clean up crew did you have for that?

And do you think they would be ok with some mushroom corals etc?

the main Bass Pro Shop in Springfield Missouri has a huge fish only tank. They have a red Volitan the size of a beach ball fins and all.

so from your experience how do you think a red lion would do in a 4 foot tank just short of 90 or would you say go for a dwarf?

Back
Top Bottom