volitan lionfish in a 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heskeysmyhero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i am looking to set up a new saltwater tank I currently have one running but I am setting up a 90 gallon 4 foot aquarium, would i be able to keep a volitan lionfish and maybe a snowflake eel in a tank this size if i positioned the rock to leave plenty of swimming space or even put the majority in the sump? I know I will still need some to create hiding spaces for the eel though.

Ok, would I still be ok with the snowflake and the dwarf? What sort of clean up crew would survive in a tank like this or pretty much I need to clean by hand?

I never kept lions, but I think snails and/ or crabs might survive. Perhaps a serpent star.
I would think the two fish would be ok together.

The one you like the best. I was always a fan of the fu man chu and fuzzy dwarf. Have you looked at anglers and scorpionfish? I love wartskin anglers!

Not yet I was under the impression they were fairly inactive but I don't know much about them, would they mix in a tank like that?

I've just looked on YouTube and they look pretty cool, have you got experience with them? Can you keep multiple ones and are they difficult to keep?

I've never kept one but a friend of mine did and he had his in a nano reef. He said the only thing about his was that it only ate live food. Yes, you can keep more than one.

Will have to read up on them a bit more, some really cool things for a predator tank though! Just deciding what to get though! If you were to feed live food what sort of things could you users I know freshwater fish aren't good for saltwater creatures

Ghost shrimp like in that video. They are pretty cheap and easy to come by. You would need a small tank to keep them, like a 5 gallon with an air stone in it or a small HOB filter.

Yeah they sell them at my lfs I really like the look of them but the more I read into them the more people seem to have problems with them so may be one I bear in mind for the future. Any other cool suggestions for a predator tank?

That would be sooooo coolbut not sure how I'd feel keeping something in a tank that's probably Smarterthan I am lol

That would be sooooo coolbut not sure how I'd feel keeping something in a tank that's probably Smarterthan I am lol

You could find ways to lock the lid down. Mabye lower the water level and drill the tank. Set rocks on the corner of the lid mabye? Give it a rubix cube that has food inside when it solves it that it can get

Anyone know much about a marine Betta? they look pretty cool

The wartskin anglers are harder to get to eat non live foods. Painted anglers are pretty easy to get feeding frozen or fresh seafood. I have had my painted angler for about 5 months . Feed it once a week and I only fed it live food the second week .

Boring due to the behaviour? And cool so it was pretty much ready to eat non live foods from the off? Must admit I do like the look of the anglers and I'm still pretty set on some sort of lion but decisions to be made. got my new tank but need keys to my new place before I can get it up and running £500 brand new to my specifications so pretty happy with it

Attachments

• image-2245956958.jpg
    image-2245956958.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1725732949.jpg
    image-1725732949.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 124
Back
Top Bottom