Vortek ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmann

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a vortek mp40.. I'm afraid to even turn it up because of the power it has. But it sucks things in. I'm worried for my fish so I keep it at a lower setting. At this lower setting its not getting the full benefit. My. ? Is

Why are they so popular? What makes them better than others. Maybe when my fish are bigger. And are they made more for reef tanks? In a FOWLR tank would it be better to have a ph that pushes.

I mean it does a great job, don't get me wrong I love it. I'm just curious as to what makes them so much better

The big draw is that it gets half the bulk of the PH outside of your tank. It makes for a cleaner look. The other big draw is how much water they move, and the programmable modes that allow you to do things like create standing waves and allow for great nutrient export, and combinations of both. ecoSMART mode is actually a pretty cool thing if you get it programmed properly for your tank.

Why not use the foam that came with the MP40, that will stop things from getting sucked in.

I'm not sure it's hands down "better" than most others, that's purely a matter of personal preference. I love mine for the reasons stated and its one of the few that output exceeds advertised flow rates. If my priority was economical, I wouldn't choose the Vortech

I wouldn't use anything else, but there are many Tunze, Koralia etc users that say the same thing.

I like mine, I wonder where I can get that foam. Or if i can use something else

Should have come with. Ecotech parts store or dealers should have them.

Back
Top Bottom