wanted to check if this was normal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
this is the live rock in my tank. I think ever since i put this live rock into my tank it looked like this. I want to know if this is normal. I heard if the purple corraline algae goes white it is dying.

calcium = about 600
water temp = 82-4 (my chiller is in the mail)

could it be my lighting? I have 2 65w 10,000k compact flouresants. they are the combo white/blue types. maybe i need to replace bulbs? btw are these compact flourescants ok for live corals too?

Attachments

• rock1.jpg
    rock1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 62
  • rock2.jpg
    rock2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 65
  • rock3.jpg
    rock3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 62
thanks. i think my blubs should be due for a change. i bought the light with my tank used. they should be about 1 year old by now (ballpark).

JBJ-USA Aquarium Products
these are what i have now the combo 10,000k

Description: The original 10,000K daylight and blue actinic lamp built side-by-side. This lamp contains a crisp, ice-blue daylight and blue actinic for photosynthetic zooxanthellae algae.

i wanted to know which one of these lamps would be the best for what i want, or the same as what i have. there is a drop down menu under color. hope somebody can lead me in the right direction.

65W Power Compact Bulb - Square Pin

I have NO IDEA of which combos i should get, and which ones are the ones I have.

I'm going to call JBJ tomorrow also to check to see if i have square or straight and which ones i need to get? although i dont want to buy from them it will probably be too much. would rather buy from thatfishplace.com or marinedepot.com

thanks. what are you guys opinion on the lighting? or should i keep what i have. good enough? maybe i should make a new thread on lighting.

Back
Top Bottom