Wanting to start a mini predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lacie257

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just recently converted my 55g fresh tank in to a sw tank, wanting to make it a fish only mini predator tank. Any recommendations for predators that will work well? Was thinking of starting with some baby trigger fish ( still researching which ones will work in a smaller tank) but I'm open to anything! Also new here to the forums!

Thanks!

You could get a snowflake eel and a dwarf lionfish.... Triggerfish get too big and it being a baby really doesnt matter, it will need a large tank.

Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately a 55 won't be good to house a trigger..
You could look into a lionfish or a real nice angler set up...Not too many predator type fish for a 55..if any at all..I guess a hawk fish and there are some puffers that stay under 5-6 inches..

Well I knew it was a long shot, but my boyfriend is dead set on having a trigger. I advised getting a bigger tank (at least 125g) but the price tags on them are so high, not to mention we would probably have to reinforce the floor in our house haha. Oh well I guess on to another reef tank, which was what I wanted anyways!

Yup definitely no triggers. You could easily get an angler, dwarf lionfish, Toby and Valentino puffers, maybe a snowflake eel. Not all of those but those species could work in a 55. I would do an angler, a fu Manchu lion and a snowflake. Just me though.

Back
Top Bottom