water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serafin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got my first clown fish, fire shrimp, hermit crabs and turbo snails. Just wanted to try and find out roughly when my tank will need its first water change?

Cheers

Just got my first clown fish, fire shrimp, hermit crabs and turbo snails. Just wanted to try and find out roughly when my tank will need its first water change?

Cheers

Weekly water changes. What size tank? Most perform a weekly water change. Also you'll be testing the water so you'll do a water change when ever your parameters warrant it.

Is your tank cycled already? I see other posts where it almost sounds like this is just starting. If so, you will want to monitor your parameters closely and do water changes as needed.

Yeah tank is cycled after loads of weeks of waiting :p. These are my first inhabitants, guess its just a case of keeping the test kit out keeping an eye on the nitrates.

do 5-10% weekly water changes using RO/DI water, its not just to keep NO3 and PO4 down. It also to replenish minerals that your inhabitants need, Iron, Iodine, potassium, etc....

do 5-10% weekly water changes using RO/DI water, its not just to keep NO3 and PO4 down. It also to replenish minerals that your inhabitants need, Iron, Iodine, potassium, etc....

Very good advice.

Back
Top Bottom