Water Change chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
When preparing new water would you guys recommend using any chemicals in the water to kill anything? It would be tap water from a hose. I have marine conditioner. Would you recommend using that?

When preparing new water would you guys recommend using any chemicals in the water to kill anything? It would be tap water from a hose. I have marine conditioner. Would you recommend using that?

I'd recommend using RO/DI water or distilled water at the very least. IMO using tap water even with a conditioner is just asking for trouble.

Using tap water might not show signs of an issue right away but as time goes on you'll see issues.

This of course is just my opinion. Also I try to use a little chemicals as possible.

+1 What he said.

Until you are able to get your own RO/DI unit, go buy distilled water. Any other decision you will regret sooner or later. And sooner more times than not.

I tested the water from the machine at walmart last week just to see and it had 0 TDS, and it is cheaper than buying by the gallon. I know that bulk reef supply does a group buy and then you can get a ro unit for less. I use the RO only.
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom