Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2002 FLHR

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How does everyone conduct their water changes? I have heard a couple or more ways. Do you add live bacteria at every water change? My LFS told me to add 500ml of live bacteria every water change...to keep the water clear... sounds weird to me. I did do that a couple of times but now it looks like me nitrate levels are high... any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the info i will read the link tomorrow. I did not think it was necessary... I did my weekly water change tonight and did not add the bacteria everything seems normal will do all water tests tomorrow as well. Again thanks

Your nitrifying bacteria will grow on it`s own. As long as their is an ammonia source to feed them. They will populate on your surfaces like LR and tank sides.

You may not want to take any more advice from your LFS - sounds like a money making scheme unless he/she truely believes it, which would be more reason to find another LFS.

Back
Top Bottom