Water quality questions need urgent answer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1610

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just added a foxface to my marine tank today and I noticed that now at night he isn't moving out of one spot and was getting sucked to a powerhead intake, I thought "**** why so soon!?" and I got the net out an he swam away energetically; Now he is perching on the rock background of my tank and his colour is significantly different. I just did some tests and there is 0 ammonia, 2.5 or 12.5 nitrate not specified properly in the test kit, and 0.1 nitrite (This is where I'm worried. Are those parameters adequate for my one spot foxface? If it helps my trio of damsels are perfectly fine and energetic. Thankyou and please answer ASAP and if there is something wrong... How can I fix it? Thanks again!!!

Your tank isn't cycled if there is 0.1 nitrite. That's why he's stressed. Damsels are extremely hardy so they should be fine. Do a couple pwcs to get the trites down.

Not sure bout the fox face, but tangs tend to fade at night. If they are the same that might explain the color

Should I just do like about a 30% water change and see how he is after that?

YAY

Hope it works out!!!!! Keep us updated.

WOOHOO!!! Nitrites are 0; didn't even get a chance to do the water changes though. Lol I pretty much just dumped like 100ml of stability in the tank :lol:

Hahaha nice. Hope it stud that way! If you see ammonia or nitrite creep up again (it shouldn't) then just do some pwcs.

Hahaha nice. Hope it stud that way! If you see ammonia or nitrite creep up again (it shouldn't) then just do some pwcs.

I'm sure it won't show anymore signs of ammonia and nitrite. If it does I will definitely do some pwc's

Back
Top Bottom