Water results?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so how long should this go on for?

Until you have

0ppm ammonia
0ppm nitrites
0 to 20 nitrates this is suppose to be safe levels for nitrates
keep us posted. If you need anything don't hesitate.

I could be wrong but when this happened to me I was told by a friend who words for an aquatic shop that this is known as a tank crash where nitrite and nitrate read 0 and ammonia is rising he told me to do water change at 50% then add safe start the friendly bacteria to filter to recycle tank.. Hope this helps.

I used that bacteria It didn't help I guess! Hope my tank don't crash

This is a common mistake. Adding to many fishes to a new tank. What are you using for your water source? Prime works great for FW, but you need to remove Metals, nitrate and Phos. from your source water. We do this with an RO/DI unit.

I am buying RODI water by the 5 gal container. Then I use a little prime

This is after 5 gal replaced

Attachments

• image-2362782858.jpg
    image-2362782858.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 97
RO/DI water is 99% pure and you don't need any prime.

You need to do twenty gallons more. jmo
Your readings have'nt changed from the first set of readings.

Bottle to the left is fresh water. Looks like it's comin down :) ok so when I get it down then what?

Attachments

• image-3946276184.jpg
    image-3946276184.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 111
Just do it everyday until you get safe levels. preferably 0 ppm

I'm thinking the tank has not cycled yet. You will need to probably test everyday and do water changes 50% at a time. Post you results everyday. Well keep an eye on you.

After water change

Ph 8.2-8.4
Ammonia 0-0.25?
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

Attachments

• image-616522958.jpg
    image-616522958.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1538125880.jpg
    image-1538125880.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 114
I changed two days ago 5 gallons is what have been changes every 3-4 days. my fish are totally 100% fine. I just made today for the next so or.

After water change

Ph 8.2-8.4
Ammonia 0-0.25?
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

That's looking really good, anytime you see ammonia over .25 and nitrites over .25 You need to do the water changes. In a 55 gallon tank replacing 5 gallons does'nt get rid of those levels. 30 to 50% is probally the norm. That's 15 gallons to 30 gallons of water that needs to be pwc. Most people like to keep their nitrates around 0 to 20 .

You say the fishy's are fine and that's great, but at those levels the experts say that the fish are under stress. fyi I wish you the best. Other members may add anything I have missed. Have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom