Water results?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tlc

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now there is ammonia :(

Attachments

• image-166493325.jpg
    image-166493325.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 178
  • image-56688571.jpg
    image-56688571.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 177
I don't know if I am reading this right I would interpret those results as
Ph 8.2
Ammonia 1.0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10
Am I right?

At what level ammonia should I change water again?

You must get it below .25 as soon as possible.
What is the history of your tank. When did you do your last water change and how much water did you change out.

You need to work your way so that eventually:
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrites 0 ppm
Nitrate Kept around or below 20 ppm

I changed 2 days ago 5 gallons is what I have been changing every 3-4 days. I just added about 15lbs of cured live rock 3 days go so this is probably a little die off from it. My fish are totally 100% fine maybe because I use prime in every water change. The tank is 3 1/2 weeks old

I changed 2 days ago 5 gallons is what I have been changing every 3-4 days. I just added about 15lbs of cured live rock 3 days go so this is probably a little die off from it. My fish are totally 100% fine maybe because I use prime in every water change. The tank is 3 1/2 weeks old

How big is your tank. Ammonia levels must be brought down or your fish will probably be real stressed.

The only good way to do that is with PWCs...Don't do less than 50%.

I'm going to bring in someone who is awesome at this.

My tank is a 55 gallon

Mine is also a 55.
Your going to have to do this daily until you get the ammonia to stay close to 0 ppm. I'm sorry to have to tell you this. I sent a pm to someone who can walk you through.

Ok so I'll start dont I need to allow my saltwater mix to aerate for 24 hrs first? I just made some today for the next day or so

I think so as I had a small spike in ammonia when I added mollies and mono's and then it was at 0 for awhile. So off went my mollies and mono's and now we have the nicer fish. They seem hood eating well and everything but I'll change the water cause it doesn't hurt.

I think so as I had a small spike in ammonia when I added mollies and mono's and then it was at 0 for awhile. So off went my mollies and mono's and now we have the nicer fish. They seem hood eating well and everything but I'll change the water cause it doesn't hurt.

I'm suprised that we don't see Nitrites or even Nitrate reading with the ammonia being that high.

Make sure you shake you testing bottles real well. Exspecially Nitrate.

I thought nitrate was between 5-10ppm? I will retest here and I'll take new pictures

I shook the bottle good.

Attachments

• image-1002554207.jpg
    image-1002554207.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 106
If the tank was previously cycled, it is possible that adding the rock stirred up some of your bacteria causing a small ammonia spike. I have freshwater tanks but regardless, I agree with hdultra...the .50ppm ammonia should be lower as anything over .25ppm can begin to stress fish. A PWC would help with that. Prime is great but it only lasts for a day or so before it becomes ineffective again.

Ok I'm gonna do a water change right now it is heating up as I am typing. Ok so if my nitrate are 0 then my tank is not cycled yet? Or is it low because I just changed some of the water?

Thanks Alicia

My thought would be of ammonia is that high,
Ammonia turns into Nitrites wich are 0ppm And then The Nitrites turn into Nitrates wich are 0ppm also. So at some point nitrites and nitrate will show up soon. Even after water changes. Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom