Water treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossij101

Aquarium Advice Activist
I use tap water and add marine salt,aquatic stress relief and heavy metal detoxifier and all natural ph buffer I also use vitamin supplements.I use mineral water to top up tank due to evaporation my tank seems healthy and reads well on my test strips would any one recommend anything else or does that sound bout right or not

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

austinsdad said:
You got problems identified in your tap water? Metals? Thats why all the additives? Just curious.

No problems I know off you think that's too much I try use all natural products I alsso use special blend bacteria

I just got a nasty surprise with my tap water. Phosphates at 2.0 out the tap! luckily nothing else liek ammonia or nitrates. lol

I'd test your tap water first off to see where you stand.

carey said:
I just got a nasty surprise with my tap water. Phosphates at 2.0 out the tap! luckily nothing else liek ammonia or nitrates. lol

I'd test your tap water first off to see where you stand.

I use the five in one test dips ph,gh,kh,nitrate,nitrite is phosphates one of them??

I would HIGHLY recommend you get the test tube testing equipment. The strips are horrible as far as accuracy.

Good article. :) I'm now using RO water after testing for phosphates and finding them at 2.0 out of my tap.

Good time to ask, do you still use Prime on RO water?

carey said:
Good article. :) I'm now using RO water after testing for phosphates and finding them at 2.0 out of my tap.

Good time to ask, do you still use Prime on RO water?

Thanks for that got me worried nw!! How easy are they to fit Cnt easily afford one right nw too how LNG do I have b4 crash

I've been buying my ro water and/or spring water. I checked the new lfs ro water and it came in at .5 phosphates so won't be going there again.

I am also saving up for a ro/di unit but until then it's lugging buckets and jugs to the fish store for me.

Back
Top Bottom