What are the toughest cleaner fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landshark

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought one for 15 bucks and he keeled over.....Acclimated with drip method.....water good.....just threw away 15 bucks.The Turbo snails I bought with it survived in my tank.....I need the name of a tough shrimp If anyone knows....SORRY I MEANT SHRIMP :eek:

Shrimp can be very finicky about new tanks. The salinity and ph have to be as close as possible to his prior tank.

How long did you drip him? I may be going overboard, but, I usually do shrimp for about 2 hours and I've never lost one soon after that so it works for me.

You listed cleaner fish but I think you mean cleaner shrimp? Right...Same thing happened to me....I bought a larger cleaner shrimp for my tank and it died...After a few weeks I bought another one a bit younger (smaller) and it did great since then I added another with great results....I really think with all the trouble you went thru acclimating and water quality, like myself having one die. I believe you bought an already stressed cleaner shrimp my advise would be buy another but ensure he is healthy. I do so by researching and knowing what to look for at the lfs, I really look at the tank health at the lfs I also test there water before I buy, I ensure fish, shrimp ect... are active and eat before I buy...ect.. the only true cleaner shrimp I know of is the scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp.

Great advice....thanx.....I shall buy another day..........maybe I shouldve acclimated him for more than 45 minutes I guess.............

Back
Top Bottom