What Books to Read Before Getting Started on Salt Water Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The Concientious Marine Aquarist" Robert Fenner a must have for beginners
"Natural Reef Aquariums" Jon Tullock good insight into natural filtration and keeping tanks that mimic natural reefs.

if interested in corals...."Aquarium Corals" Eric Borneman

if interested in Clams..."Giant Clams" Daniel Knopf

New Marine Aquarium

I just finished The New Marine Aquarium. I thought it was very helpful. It spent a lot more time on equipment and setup then on fish/reefs.

i read sw for dummies it gives you alot of information for setting up your tank and some on maitnece and fish and invertebreas

I started with "The New Marine Aquarium" and also got "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" and pretty much go back and forth between the two. There is good set up info in both. If there are any better books (primarily for FOWLR) I'd also like to know what they are.

Some books we sell to local reefers are The Natural Reef Aquarium by Tullock and Aquarium Corals By Eric Borneman. Reef Invertibrates by Calfo and Fenner is a very good book also. I am getting three more books to read this week. I will let you know what I think after I read through them. They are Indo Pacific Coral Field Guide, Ultimate Marine Aquarium Book(I think it is just pictures and descriptions of hobbyist's reef tanks). And Reef Secrets.

A must have book set is Corals of the World by Veron. One of the best picture books I have ever seen.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom