What can i feed my pink spotted goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got a 25 gallon tank, got a few little fish as seen in my pics, i assume the gobys eat off the sand since he never goes up for food and pecks at the sand from time to time. Is regular fish food enough? And i also have a royal gamma, my goby protects her and attacks crabs that come by there spot,is that normal? Thanks...noobie

They will eat just about anything however I believe the pink spotted is a watchmen. They wont stir the sand much.. try mysis its more likely to sink to the bottom so he can grab more.. just be sure to thaw it out in a small cup with some tank water then pour it through your net before putting it in the tank.

Oh and welcome to AA. Hope we can be your support group though this addiction of your..

Alright thank you very much, yeah its a watchmen. Ima try that food out. How much does it usually run for?

Aquaboi said:
Alright thank you very much, yeah its a watchmen. Ima try that food out. How much does it usually run for?

Search for food recipes I just did mine cost around 20 dollars and its going to last me months..

My 14 yr old pink spotted goby just died the other day. He decided to jump after all these yrs. He pretty well ate anything I put in the tank. I fed flake. Vitamin fortified brine and mysis. He did do some sifting in the tank but not all day sifting like my bullet goby did. Here is some recent pics of him in this link if you want to see what a mature one looks like.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/my-pink-spotted-goby-200438.html

Better yet I will just tell you what I did. I bought 3 large shrimp 6 clams 6 scallops and about 3 ounces of white fish and two sheets of sushi nori 1 glove of garlic all blended in a food processor .. works great!

Sounds like great meal j! And [Moderator edit] sucks to hear about the goby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pink spotted watchman as well and he eats everything, flake, pellets and frozen. He seems to really like the pellets best of all for some reason. lol Mine will very rarely sift sand so thats pretty much like was stated above.

really easy fish to keep though in my opinion.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom