What can I put in a 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im trying to get back into the hobby I want a FOWLR what fish would be ideal? I would love to get a porcupine puffer if possible...

Look for some pygmy angels. Theres alot that are extremely beautiful

If your into eels you can get a snowflake eel.

Ya I want a eel too. Can I even have a porcupine puffer in a 55? I heard there is like a 125 G min for them?

Im not really sure. Never researched anything about puffers as i've never liked them, so can't help you there.

Im not really sure. Never researched anything about puffers as i've never liked them, so can't help you there.

just looked on liveaquaria.com and it says minimum of 90 gallon :( Looks like I will need to wait until I can afford a bigger tank.

Yeap. That's what i would do. You never know what can happen when a fish undergoes stress. And what kind of diseases it can get from being so stressed.(usually ich) You should always take into consideration not how big the fish is at the moment, but rather how big the fish will be.. fully grown.

I definately recommend a Pygmy/Dwarf Angel. Some nice ones: Flame Angel, Coral Beauty, Ebili Angel, Bicolour Angel. May be get a Dwarf Lionfish. :D Some nice little gobies (not with the Lion) and maybe a pistol shrimp/goby combo. :D

Yeah Mitchell those are nice additions to any tank. Gobies are awesome. But if your going to be doing a semi-aggressive or an aggressive tank i would not suggest getting gobies OR the shrimps because im sure once the aggressive fish got larger, the small gobies and shrimp would be on their dinner menu. Just make sure that before you get any fish, you research them very carefully.

The porcupine puffer needs at least 125g-150g minimum. What about this stocking list for starters:

x2 (pair) Clark's clownfish (Amphiprion clarkii)
x1 Possum wrasse (Wetmorella sp.)
x1 Dwarf angelfish of your choice.
x1 Blackcap basslet (Gramma melacara)
x1 snowflake eel (Echidna nebulosa)
x1 Arceye hawkfish (Paracirrhites arcatus) or x1 Longnose hawkfish (Oxycirrhites typus)

Last edited:
Sounds pretty good. I found a 58 gallon drilled tank/stand/lid for 50 bucks. Going to get it today :)

Back
Top Bottom