What can I put in my 75 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay179

Aquarium Advice Regular
I already have two yellowtail damsels(did not use them to cycle tank). I want to put a huma huma trigger along with a puffer or a tang. Can I do this? Thanks

Most places say at least a 75 gallon tank for the trigger. Your inverts will be limited. I would suggest a Yellow eyed Kole tang.

I should be ok with a huma and 1 tang to go along with my damsels?

I just want two or three fishes in my tank.I know a overpopulated tank can cause serious problems. I heard from some people online humas should start in at least a 100 gallon tank for maturation. Will there be a problem when I introduce the huma with the yellow tail damsels. I hear damsels can be aggressive also? Thanks

Damsels can be very aggressive, but it all depends on the fishes personality. Has he attacked anyone already? If he has that's a big warning sign. I have a blue damsel myself, and even though he was in the tank first, he's never been aggressive towards any of his tankmates. As far as the humu trigger, a 75 should be fine and you can have them with a puffer or tang as long as the humu isn't bigger then them. If he is, then when you drop them in, he'll be thinking lunch.

Here's a little info on the Humu:
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Humu Picasso Triggerfish

If you get a trigger or a puffer, then you won't be able to keep shrimp/snails/crabs as they will become food.

Back
Top Bottom