What do you feed your SW fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a 6 line wrasse, he is and will be the only fish in the tank (small tank). So far I've been feeding him frozen brine shrimp and New Life Spectrum community formula (from my FW tank) and both are eagerly eaten as well as whatever he can pick off the LR. I know the FW food is not ideal so I would like advice on what people's favorite brands of frozen, freeze-dried or flake/pellet food is for SW fish like wrasses.

I like non-gel based (they sink to the bottom and a lot of my fish won't eat off of the bottom). I use SF Bay frozen mysis and brine, soaked in garlic/zoe/selcon. I also alternate with flakes....formula1 or 2 not sure which....

I feed mine frozen brine shrip socked in Zoe and Garlic gaurd.
every 3 days I'll also feed pellet food. Can't remember what brand it is off the top of my head.
I also will once a week add a pice of seaweed for my Tang.

I feed mine so many I cant name them either. I do know they DO NOT LIKE FORMULA II.

It is easy to get stuck on one type of fish food. keep in mind that variety is key. Just as important is adding dietary suppliments to the food. I alternte between frozen and flake myself. I feed Prime reef and OSO spirulina flakes and a mixture of frozen mysis, marine cusine and krill along with marine plankton from Liquid Life. After I thaw and rinse the cubes I let is soak in garlic extreme, Selcon and vita-chem. I also add DTs live plankton on occasion.

newfound77951 said:
I just got a 6 line wrasse, he is and will be the only fish in the tank (small tank)

I agree, variety is good. More importantly you mentioned you will only have one fish in a small tank, so overfeeding is also a concern. Depending on your setup I would probably not feed more than a vary small amount daily or every other day.

Also, define "small tank"? A six line wrasse is recommended for at least a 30g and do best with lots of LR as they will feed off of it to include pods.

Maybe update your "myinfo" section with your SW setup so we have a better idea of what you have.

Here is some info on the wrasse:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=375

Good luck,

Back
Top Bottom