What fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's the best fish to add w two clowns? I had a coral beauty for almost a month and I guess my clowns started to nip her (not for sure was th bc didn't see them) all that's in the tank other than them is 2 emeral crabs... Any suggestions?

Chromis would be my vote. The regular blue green ones are like $5 and you can get like 3-5 for your tank. :)

Chromis are cool, and I love the schooling effect, but they aren't always as hardy as you'd expect. I have a small school of Pajama cardinals, a six line wrasse, a fox face, royal gramma, and the clowns never bother any of them.
But then, yours seem to have already taken an aggressive stance. Maybe isolate them, rearrange the rockwork, and then put them back while adding the new fish so everyone is on equal footing?

We just added a watchman diamond goby to our display tank. They are amazing! He does great with our clowns and bi color blenny. He does a great job cleaning the sand. But they do make a mess of your sand. So if you don't want your sand moved around I don't recommend one. I personally love the little mountains he leaves. Plus he does a much better job cleaning than the regular clean up crew we had. (snails and crabs)

Purple firefish, pink spot watchman goby, and a Midas blenny is what I have with my clowns in a 54 gallon.

I have a 50 gallon tank, a clown, baggai cardnal, flame angel, a lubbock wrasse, purple firefish and a regular firefish.

I have a six line wrasse, 4 fire fish, yelow watchman goby paired with a pistol shrimp awesme to watch. My clowns all get along with them.

Back
Top Bottom