Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

That's y I said "as much as any other fish". Sorry should have worded differently. Depends on the shark and triggers sizes and which trigger. Niger and pintails and the like are less likely and again its always good yo get them small and from community tanks not solitary ones.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok thanks. What about black belly's

Old 11-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

You got me there I'm actually not sure I've never really heard of those what are they?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bicolor parrotfish become HUGE. I think it was like over 2 ft.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Should be okay
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here's a pic of the black belly trigger and will it be ok in a 150 gallon?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Looks like a bursa. Probably in the same family of triggers. Depending on the other tankmates I don't see why not? Yea he should be great. That's a beautiful trigger.....but im in love with humus. Must have my humu and probably niger. I want a clown trigger but im almost certain everything would die haha
Old 11-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafuzy View Post
That's y I said "as much as any other fish". Sorry should have worded differently. Depends on the shark and triggers sizes and which trigger. Niger and pintails and the like are less likely and again its always good yo get them small and from community tanks not solitary ones.
I would disagree with that. Triggers are very curious fish and very active during the day. And the shark is not going to be active till night and sad to say it's just going to make him a easy target for the triggers to nip and bully him. That was my intent to put one in with mine but I then decided just to put it into it's own tank so as to avoid that stuff.

And if u do get the lion make sure u put it in before u add the triggers just so it can establish a territory in the tank and have numerous spots for it to hide.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

My lion was the first inhabitant. He's my baby<3. Also, that "is" a bursa trigger. And another fyi, triggers "are" very curious but also very smart fish. They might take the smallest nip.at anything at first. Even other triggers. That's why so many people say no lions and triggers together.....unless you know what tour doing. Lion first triggers last and always get from community tanks if you can. One thing to remember though is no 2 triggers are the same. They all have their own personalities which includes likes and dislikes. That's why I said its all about personal experience in this hobby. You can't always go on what others say, but input is always good. Plus most "good" lfs's trade fish if your not happy
Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok thanks. I already got the shark but I'm gonna get rid of him. Thanks for all the info

Tags
trigger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com