What fish can i put with a trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's y I said "as much as any other fish". Sorry should have worded differently. Depends on the shark and triggers sizes and which trigger. Niger and pintails and the like are less likely and again its always good yo get them small and from community tanks not solitary ones.

You got me there I'm actually not sure I've never really heard of those what are they?

Here's a pic of the black belly trigger and will it be ok in a 150 gallon?
img_1635610_0_b99bf4421512314d4826c2b763105ba6.jpg

Looks like a bursa. Probably in the same family of triggers. Depending on the other tankmates I don't see why not? Yea he should be great. That's a beautiful trigger.....but im in love with humus. Must have my humu and probably niger. I want a clown trigger but im almost certain everything would die haha

That's y I said "as much as any other fish". Sorry should have worded differently. Depends on the shark and triggers sizes and which trigger. Niger and pintails and the like are less likely and again its always good yo get them small and from community tanks not solitary ones.

I would disagree with that. Triggers are very curious fish and very active during the day. And the shark is not going to be active till night and sad to say it's just going to make him a easy target for the triggers to nip and bully him. That was my intent to put one in with mine but I then decided just to put it into it's own tank so as to avoid that stuff.

And if u do get the lion make sure u put it in before u add the triggers just so it can establish a territory in the tank and have numerous spots for it to hide.

My lion was the first inhabitant. He's my baby<3. Also, that "is" a bursa trigger. And another fyi, triggers "are" very curious but also very smart fish. They might take the smallest nip.at anything at first. Even other triggers. That's why so many people say no lions and triggers together.....unless you know what tour doing. Lion first triggers last and always get from community tanks if you can. One thing to remember though is no 2 triggers are the same. They all have their own personalities which includes likes and dislikes. That's why I said its all about personal experience in this hobby. You can't always go on what others say, but input is always good. Plus most "good" lfs's trade fish if your not happy

Ok thanks. I already got the shark but I'm gonna get rid of him. Thanks for all the info

I still disagree. Not to be hater but triggers pick on lions more than most fish. Also, nafuzy, you will have too much in your tank. I'm saying this just because of what's best for the fish. Imagine all of them grown up. It would be obsurd in anything under 300. Also, just because your friend is a marine biologist doesn't mean that he knows anything about fish husbandry. Just my two sense. Good luck tfain, and good choice.

Thanks. I decided not to do the bicolor parrot. After looking into it idk if I can supply it the food it needs. So I'm thinking yellow tang, blue tang, panther grouper, Niger trigger and the other trigger stated earlier. I forgot the name lol. I also like the powder blue grouper but I'm arrests cause I saw one trying to eat another grouper the same size plus I don't want to many fish. Does anyone know if you can put more than one yellow tang in a tank. I'm talking to a guy that just opened a lfs and he'll make a trade with me. Seeing that he's selling them for 28 and my shark was 65 I was going to see if I could trade him for 2 or atleast get a discount on one. If not I'll see about a pair of maroon clowns for my smaller tank

It takes years to get those sizes but as I've stated several several times its experience in.this hobby. And lots and lots of opinions

In my 65g FOWLR tank, I have a snowflake eel, brittle star, serpent star, tomato clown, 4 turbo snails, red volitan lion, niger trigger, humu trigger, coral beauty, sand sifting star, royal blue sand sifting star and a strawberry crab, all introduced in that order. I have not had 1 issue with any of them not getting along in any way. Maybe that's just the personalities of my fish, don't know. I realize that when these fish are full grown, 65g is not going to be enough tank. I was well aware of this when I started it, and fully plan on upgrading to a 180 when that time comes. I don't know if this helps any, just thought I would share my experience.

Okay read ur thread and I'm starting to get fish in my 75g I am very inexperienced so I probably did it wrong. Anywho, I got an undulated trigger but I really want a Picasso trigger, will they be okay together? I also have:
Hawaiian feather duster
2 dwarf Feather dusters
Tuxedo urchin
Brittle sea star
Coral banned shrimp
Snowflake eel
Tree sea star
Sweet lips
2 Damsels

We have two bluethroat triggers which are amongst the more passive triggers available and they live happily with:

Zebra moray eel
Fox-faced Rabbitfish
Cream angel
Regal tang
Orange shoulder tang
Dog-faced puffer
Bird-faced wrasse
Wimple fish
Sailfin tang

But be warned, I've a friend who had a Niger trigger which was a total terrorist that decided it didn't like many of his other wet pets (similar to mine) and had to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom