Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

I still disagree. Not to be hater but triggers pick on lions more than most fish. Also, nafuzy, you will have too much in your tank. I'm saying this just because of what's best for the fish. Imagine all of them grown up. It would be obsurd in anything under 300. Also, just because your friend is a marine biologist doesn't mean that he knows anything about fish husbandry. Just my two sense. Good luck tfain, and good choice.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks. I decided not to do the bicolor parrot. After looking into it idk if I can supply it the food it needs. So I'm thinking yellow tang, blue tang, panther grouper, Niger trigger and the other trigger stated earlier. I forgot the name lol. I also like the powder blue grouper but I'm arrests cause I saw one trying to eat another grouper the same size plus I don't want to many fish. Does anyone know if you can put more than one yellow tang in a tank. I'm talking to a guy that just opened a lfs and he'll make a trade with me. Seeing that he's selling them for 28 and my shark was 65 I was going to see if I could trade him for 2 or atleast get a discount on one. If not I'll see about a pair of maroon clowns for my smaller tank

Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

anytime
Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Activist

It takes years to get those sizes but as I've stated several several times its experience in.this hobby. And lots and lots of opinions
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

In my 65g FOWLR tank, I have a snowflake eel, brittle star, serpent star, tomato clown, 4 turbo snails, red volitan lion, niger trigger, humu trigger, coral beauty, sand sifting star, royal blue sand sifting star and a strawberry crab, all introduced in that order. I have not had 1 issue with any of them not getting along in any way. Maybe that's just the personalities of my fish, don't know. I realize that when these fish are full grown, 65g is not going to be enough tank. I was well aware of this when I started it, and fully plan on upgrading to a 180 when that time comes. I don't know if this helps any, just thought I would share my experience.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

**** yes!!! See?!?!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Activist

I forgot two specimens...a red general starfish which is my profile pic and a choc chip star....
Old 11-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Okay read ur thread and I'm starting to get fish in my 75g I am very inexperienced so I probably did it wrong. Anywho, I got an undulated trigger but I really want a Picasso trigger, will they be okay together? I also have:
Hawaiian feather duster
2 dwarf Feather dusters
Tuxedo urchin
Brittle sea star
Coral banned shrimp
Snowflake eel
Tree sea star
Sweet lips
2 Damsels
Old 11-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think anything can go with an undulated trigger lol. One of the most aggressive fish available.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We have two bluethroat triggers which are amongst the more passive triggers available and they live happily with:

Zebra moray eel
Fox-faced Rabbitfish
Cream angel
Regal tang
Orange shoulder tang
Dog-faced puffer
Bird-faced wrasse
Wimple fish
Sailfin tang

But be warned, I've a friend who had a Niger trigger which was a total terrorist that decided it didn't like many of his other wet pets (similar to mine) and had to be removed.

Tags
trigger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com