What fish could I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,
I have a spare 25 liter tank lying around and was wondering what I could get for it. I would like a species tank because I already have a community tank. I know a frogfish would get WAY too big but I would like something a bit like that. I don't really want a shrimp tank, just something unusual.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,Eddy :D

Dwarf Lion fish?
Clown trigger?
Dog faced puffer... They are gorgeous fish mines got excited and swam up and down like a wee puppy.

25 litres is only like 6 gallons isnt it? Theres not much that can go in such a small tank. Maybe some shrimp, hermits other inverts....

Aw [moderator edit] thoufht you said 25 gallons. I keep mixing them up. Defo gunna be salt water then? Yeah a nice blood red shrimp or maybe a horseshoe untill he grows bigger?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were my tank and I was absolutely set on using this small tank I would put in a bunch of shrimp. Some peppermints, a fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp maybe some sexy shrimp. Then I would add maybe an emerald crab and/or a porcelain crab. The a couple bright red scarlet hermit crabs. :-D

How about macro algae with dwarf seahorses? I've wanted to do this but never got around to it.

I don't know that much about seahorses but I believe the need a tall tank. ANd live food. Pretty tough to take care of from all I've read

Although, be careful. I had a clown goby once and found it difficult to find food he liked.

Both my clown gobies eat everything. They seem to prefer frozen mysis and brine over flake and pellets though.

Hey Carey, how do you ensure that the goby gets to eat? When I feed my fish they don't really let anything fall down to my diamond goby. I've just been shoving some food under the rock that he burrowed under. Is that ok?

My pink spotted goby doesnt seem to eat either but I think he will be fine. The diamond goby will sift sand for food as well. Not sure I would stick food under a rock but hey, if it's working then good for you! lol

Back
Top Bottom