What fish do i put in first?? HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So once my tank has cycled im going to put in my cleaning crew. i have a 125 gallon tank.
what fish do i put in first i need a lineup.
My fish:
2 Ocellaris clown fish
1 yellow tang
4 cardinal
1 blue hippo tang
1 powder blue tang
2 fox face rabbitfish
1 pearlscale butterfly
1 copperband butterfly

In what order would i put these in? Thanks

I would rethink all the tangs. My foxface harrassed my tang and killed it check compatability chart at liveaquaria.com

yea i checked, even asked the LFS and they said it would be fine but then again there probably just saying that to sell me a fish

I added a Naso recently and they beat each other up for 2 days they are best friends now. My Bristletoothe tang couldn't handle the abuse and died within 3 days. I am getting ready to start another build and a Foxface is not on my stock list

Naso tangs are so beautiful, but for some reason i love the foxface and its just something that needs to be in my tank, i have another 90 gallon bowfront, but im thinking of making that a cichlid tank.

I'm not having an issue now. When you get yours in just keep an eye on them. Keep us posted.

I don't like powder blues. They are very aggressive. I would re think this fish. I've never had a problem with rabbit fish.
3 tangs will not be in a 125 for very long. Maybe a year.

I agree with Mr X on everything. Powder Blues and Clown Tangs can be very aggressive.

As for order, I would think Cardinals first and next, Butterflies. Butterflies are tricky and I've never had luck with them. Like with Tangs, adding at the same time is a good idea. Not sure how the will do with all the Tangs eventually...Clowns towards the middle of the list. Rabbit fish next and Tangs last.

I'd QT before adding. It would stink to get all those fish in there and have the Tangs introduce Ich into the DT. It could come from any of them, but playing the odds, it will be the Tangs at the end.

Oh...and make sure you see the copper banded eat at the LFS before you buy it. They are notorious for not eating prepared foods and slowly starving to death despite your best efforts. It's sad to watch.

I've been trying to read about s/w alot here lately as I am trying to get my first up and running. I just seen something on this and it recommended least aggressive to most aggressive. That way brand new little fish don't get eaten by pissed off Tangs that have already claimed there turf

As for the specifics you have listed, I got nothing? I'm sure that's where you were going with it but, figured I would throw that out

as far as the butterflies go be prepared to feed them expensive corals that's **** near the only way they live such a tough species but amazing fish as far as the naso my naso and foxface ge along fine the foxface tried soooo hard to fight with the naso but the naso is way to quick lol i also have a yellow tang in with him they dont even bother with one another hope this helps good luck

as far as the butterflies go be prepared to feed them expensive corals that's **** near the only way they live such a tough species but amazing fish as far as the naso my naso and foxface ge along fine the foxface tried soooo hard to fight with the naso but the naso is way to quick lol i also have a yellow tang in with him they dont even bother with one another hope this helps good luck

you have a naso and a yellow tang together in a 90?

Back
Top Bottom