What fish to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need some suggestions on what fish to add to my 90 gallon tank. All that I have in it right now is a yellow tang and two clownfish

Yellow Tang will outgrow that tank eventually, so watch for health issues if you keep that. I would go with some kind of dwarf angel (whatever you like...so many and all look great)...maybe a Foxface...some kind of wrasse (again, so many to choose from)...maybe a group of Anthias...a Hawk.

It is always hard to give specifics, as "what kind" of Angel, Wrasse, etc as it is so subjective. Make sure you are getting fish appropriate for your tank size and the ones you ultimately choose should do fine. Check out places like liveaquaria.com for ideas and they also have compatability charts.

Personally love puffers a Toby puffer would be great in there but yeah you have a good selection for choice in that tank

I have some interesting fish in my 90g. I have a bunch of wrasses which are always a good choice, a squirrel fish which is pretty neat, a hogfish is also a neat addition. Or maybe a rabbit fish? So many options....

LA has yellow tangs listed at 100g. So id say a 90 is suitable. And i do agree that there are quite a few wrasses that would look amazing in the tank

With regards to the tang it's more about the dimensions than the volume as needs a lot of swimming room

A mystery wrasse would be really nice. A dotty back or a lemon peel angelfish would be nice too

With regards to the tang it's more about the dimensions than the volume as needs a lot of swimming room
although true, both the 90 and 100 are 4 footers. so its essentially the same width for swimming. now if it was a desjardini or purple, id def say he needs bigger, but a yellow shouldn't have a problem

although true, both the 90 and 100 are 4 footers. so its essentially the same width for swimming. now if it was a desjardini or purple, id def say he needs bigger, but a yellow shouldn't have a problem
Hmmm...every 100 gallon tank I have seen was 5 ft long. 4x2x2 is more commonly available 4ft 120 gallon thats over 100 gallons. That's just been my experience.

Add one/some of these: lineatus fairy wrasse, red Velvet fairy wrasse or Naoko's fairy wrasse. Also eight line flasher wrasse is great. All of these fish usually go $80-$220 each depending on region collected and sex. So if you want to differentiate your tank it's the way to go. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom