Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2004, 11:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to potato5656
okay. THATS SLOW! but its for the best. i know the water is good and is used in all of their tanks, the lr is cured. i'll have fun waiting, so no bio-spira?

potato5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:22 AM   #12

No bio spira, take your time and have fun. One thing to keep in mind is if you want inverts. A lot of the fish out there will eat shrimps, crabs and the like. Just keep that in mind, if you don't plan to keep any ornamental inverts then no worries.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Good point six-line!

You are going to want some type of clean-up crew to eat all the detritus. Snails, shrimp, fighting conch, serpent starfish, etc. So take that into consideration with your livestock list.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to potato5656
so inverts are neccessary? or beneficial to to an aquarium? i'll post pics of the tank that being set up as i type. It is much larger than i thought, the LR looks really nice! What substitutes having the clean-up crew inverts?
potato5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
What substitutes having the clean-up crew inverts?
YOU! and a vacuum
Old 03-04-2004, 11:58 PM   #16

Inverts are great but not necessary. I still highly recommend them. Also cleaner shrimp are great, I finally acquired one. I also have a coral banded, and gold banded, as well as two peppermint shrimp. There very interesting, and the peppermints will jump on my hand while cleaning the tank, or hand feeding the other shrimp. Snails will keep alage in check, as well as eat detrious. If you want hermits id stay away from the blue legs. They can be aggressive, and evict snails.

Quote:
YOU! and a vacuum
Trust me it's a lot easier letting them do the work
Old 03-05-2004, 04:33 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to Nitrate
Trigger Fish

I have a fairly small Picasso Trigger that was the first addition to my tank about 2 1/2 years ago (He hasn't grown hardly at all in this time). If I wasn't so attached to him I would probably get rid of him because of the problems he has created. I cant have inverts, he destroys my live rock, and he recently had a Coral Beauty for a midnight snack. He also loves to bury everything in the tank by picking up the substrate and spitting it back out. He loves to shred his food before ingesting it, making a mess of everything I try to feed him or his tank mates. If you want a trigger be prepared for the hassel they bring, I cant image the trouble mine would be if he was 6 inches long.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
I also have a coral banded, and gold banded, as well as two peppermint shrimp
Six-Line,

How long have you had your shrimp in there? I have 2 CBS and they got rid of the 3 pepps I had prior to their arrival. At least they're the only thin added that would go after the peppermints.

Tags
40 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com