What happened to my snowflale eel????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had a snowflake for a couple months and I found him in my sump 2 days in a row. I put him back in the tank and can now not find him in my sump, tank, and around my tank. My grouper was looking at him when he went back in the tank. The gouper is less than half of his size though. Could he have died from the stress and them gotten eaten by my hermits?????? Im really getting worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How big is he. I have had one befor thay are very jumpy. I had mine jump out of the tank into a trash can. After a few more tumes of him jumping out I gave him to a friend.

I' check around the tank and even a few feet further away. Iused to keep freshwater eels and after abotu 3 went carpet surfing I gave up on them. They can get out of the tiniest holes and actually travel away from the tank. I found one dried up when we moved and it was almost halfway across the room. Still couldnt figure that one out! lol

I have had the same experience. My little guy kept getting into my overflow through the grate. 3rd time....after dismantling my tank. Back to the store he went. Found my larger one on the floor. had to tap the feeding lid closed. They are escape artist for sure.

The weird thing is there are no gaps in my top. I have those plastic covers in back that leave no holes. Could he have died then gotten eaten by clean up crew?

Back
Top Bottom