What I have learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffmd212

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone!
I thought I would share what I have learned with adding rock back into my tank. I thought that the rock I had was dead, because it had been in dry storage for several months. I cleaned it really well and placed back into my tank. I was surprised to find that my tank went through a cycle. It has been about three weeks now and I have survived an ammonia spike then of course a nitrite and nitrate spike. Now after a few more frequent water changes, about two a week of about 20%, I am getting back to normal. I just did another change today and will check my levels in the morning. I think I should be back to just about 0 on all readings, I hope. I am glad I added the rock back in because before I only had about 25 pounds for a 63 gallon tank, now I have about 70, so in the long run I am sure it will make for a healthier tank. I am also glad all of my little fishy friends made it through this, however I did lose some snails and a few crabs. Anyway all seems to be good now, so the next step is to add some new fish. I am think a tang or too would be in order, I am ready for some color. Thanks for all the help you have given me over the last few weeks!!

Back
Top Bottom