what is needed in a QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bald57

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know this will sound dumb but what equipment do you need when setting up a QT. Very new to salt water so asking for advice. Does it have to be a tank or could it be a rubber tub of some sort. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks Bill

I prefer tanks so i can clearly see if anythings wrong with the fish. But honestly a tub would work fine

A 20g tank will work for most normal size fish. Bare bottom is good. Use big pieces of PVC as hiding places. Heater is good if you need it in your area. Filter is good or at least a power head to circulate the water. Having something like a sponge that you can add from you DT is good for beneficial bacteria. Watch the parameters closely, do water changes as needed.

Some people treat any new fish as if it has something already, but I've always observed and treated as necessary (which luckily has been never). I figure hypo and copper can cause stress and if they do not have anything, then there is no point.

I keep a 10 gallon with a sponge filter(keep it in the sump). Bare bottom, PVC for hiding, and a heater.

Back
Top Bottom