what is the best filter to use.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doccholliday

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 60 gallon tank that I am going to fill with 70 lbs of live rock. Do I need a filter system? If I do what kind is the best for the money?

thank you, CPR Aquafuge2 PS Refugium w/ Protein Skimmer 23.5" would that work with a 60 gallon tank with 70 lbs of live rock

Make your own fuge for barely any money at all a tank u don't use any more some glass or fiberglass

If you don't have/want a sump, then you don't really need any other filtration system (HOB or canister). They act as a mechanical filter, which you can accomplish by doing water change.

I just made my 10g sump with pvc overflow last week. Im $10 in 1in PVC, $12 in the 10g tank, $10 in acrylic panels precut from lowes. $4 for the micronsock, $60 into the 700gph pump. I am actually getting about 375gph based on my 4 foot height. That's only $96 for the whole build. I made my PVC into a skimmer style overflow. Pulled the power and the water stops, plugged it back in and the Syphon start immediately.

Don't hate on my water cloud. Just added the live sand to it yesterday and a small amount of LV this morning. Mine is a 60g as well.

Back
Top Bottom