What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say diatoms as well. Usually they come and go though. Have you added anynew sand or rock to the tank?

Nope nothing new added in awhile besides some fish a couple weeks ago. One of which I think got sucked into my power head last night

I think so after researchin more. I don't have a skimmer or the cash for one now. Is there another way to control it. Like more snails? I noticed my shrimp was eating it last night.

I think so after researchin more. I don't have a skimmer or the cash for one now. Is there another way to control it. Like more snails? I noticed my shrimp was eating it last night.
Not many inverts or fish will happily take cyano. To get rid of it, first suck up all of the noticeable stuff with a gravel vac and scrape it off the glass. The you need to figure out your cause. Increase flow and cut back on feeding. Cyano comes from excess nutrient levels, so it may be over feeding. Also, are you using RO water? If not, then that's your reason right there.

Yep using RO water. Something I think that affects it may be getting from 2-3 different machines. Might have to start sticking with one.

To get rid of the cyano NOW you can use chemiclean, just follow the instructions exactly and it will work within a day or two. But you will still have to find the cause of it and correct it. the chemiclean is just to give you a fresh start. :)

So on this. Since it's been awhile. It turned into an almost carpet like algae. Was cleaning it out earlier off the sand bed and it comes up in patches. But it's on my live rock too. Any tips on how to get it off

Back
Top Bottom