What kind of light do i need for a sea Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tfain

Aquarium Advice Activist
Need to know what kind of light I need for a sea Anemone and where I can find one cheap. I plan on getting a sea Anemone and a pair of clown fish and would like to be able to care for It properly

This is the light I have right now
img_1600035_0_50fee4a738b70fbd1c9e50f9f62c8431.jpg

I like the LEDs to. My cousin has them in one of his tanks to simulate moon light but I don't think there enough for a sea anemone

That light will not work. What size tank are we talking? If talking less than 20 gallon I would say power compacts. More than that I would suggest T5`s at least. Lighting for an anenome can not be described as cheap.

Yea I know that. Right now it"ll be in a 30. I haven't decided if I'll put it in my 180 or not

Would defiantly recommend t5's... I have an eight bulb for my 90g and my RBT is prospering from it.

I was just giving this light the other day. I'm not sure what kind of light it says or how many watts it is. The kid that had it ripped all the stickers off. Will this one work
img_1616743_0_92c6515078c12e81fd8b8e2e1ac76c00.jpg

If u used both lights than it could keep the nem alive for a little while..... I personlly dont think they need as much light as people say (bubble tips) but I will be getting a 12 bulb T5HO for mine. Currently its under a T5 and 4 T8s and I have a 20 as backup with good lighting. Good Luck!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom