what should i get next with probably $75??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
well last christmas i got a $75 gift certificate to the lfs. im positive ill get one again and well what do you htink i should get? i have a 45 gallon tank with like about 30 lbs live rock but ill add more as time goes on. right now i have 2 clowns, bicolor blenny, peppermint shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, and had 8 nassarius snails but i only ever see three at a time so who knows. i was thinkin on getting a blue hippo tang, and then buy a little extra live rock with the extra and a little of my money. any other ideas?

Skip the hippo, it'll eventually outgrow your tank. There are many sp. to choose from: dwarf angels, gobies, wrasses, cardinals, dartfish, etc.

I agree skip the hippo. They need a minimum 75 gallon tank. 75.00 will probably buy two fish on the ones that James mentioned. I`m thinking a coral beauty and pink spotted goby. I had to get rid of my coral beauty because he became a coral nipper but here is a pic of my pink spotted.

Attachments

• 000_0252_702.jpg
    000_0252_702.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 13
i think ill go with the coral beauty. is that a blue linkia star?? i like it. is there any tang that i could buy that wont outgrow my tank?

ok i should have no problem with the blue linkia. my water quality is always in perfect shape so i never have troubles.

More live rock, everyone in you tank will benefit from this. There will be more hiding places, pods, algae, filtration etc that live rock adds that it is the best logical choice at this point. Get more! good luck!

Thanks, Innovator, that was a great read. Hemmer, what about lighting, in your other thread? I guess that would depend on how much your LFS marks up equipment. I have seen mine mark stuff up over 100%. I ususally purchase my dry goods/equipment online. Drsfosterandsmith.com doesn't charge extra for weight.

DragonForce said:
More live rock, everyone in you tank will benefit from this. There will be more hiding places, pods, algae, filtration etc that live rock adds that it is the best logical choice at this point. Get more! good luck!

agreed, you only have 30 lbs in a 45 gallon tank. even buying base rock wouldn't hurt

yeah I kind of did miss that. You could definitely use some more LR. Usually you want about 1.5 to 2 lbs per gallon for good biological filtration.

well i ended up getting a lemonpeel angel. i was planning on another 15 lbs to bring the total up to 45 lbs of live rock in my 45 gal tank but the selection just wasnt there today. and im not buyin my lights from the lfs im going to get them from drfosters or ebay if i can find a good deal. if i find some lighting that im planning on getting ill run it by you guys first just so i know for sure what im getting. but my lemonpeel just cost me $50 and the lights are marked up also. the lfs i go to has the best selection for fish but they are a lot more expensive than say a petco but i just dont trust petco anymore. and i still got 25 left on the card and then some of my own money so ill be pickin up more live rock when they get in another good shipment.

and no where in the local des moines area sells base rock..... so i have to go all live rock which is a lot more expensive for me. i know i could get it online but with the shipping costs its just not worth it.

yep ill try and get one up soon. my camera hasnt been workin out too great for me recently. and my lfs didnt have any linkia stars i bet they could order one though.

hemmer said:
and my lfs didnt have any linkia stars i bet they could order one though.

You could order one also. Live aquaria has them. Remember dont let it come in contact with air. Very important

Back
Top Bottom