what size aquarium do I need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
:confused: after deciding to return my 2 inch Foxface because he killed one of our new chromis in our saltwater tank, if I decide to keep him in a separate tank what size tank do I need to make his life a happy one. I won't be adding any additional fish maybe a snail or two. He'll have the aquarium to himself.

A Foxface lo should be in a 70 gallon or larger aqaurium as they can grow to 8 or 9".
They have very small mouths and are algae eaters. So how did it kill a chromis?

I personally dont think he killed the chromis either. If you have more than one chromis then they killed each other but that`s a story for another day. What are your size constraints? As Cmor said the foxface needs a 75 gallon tank.

foxface trouble

cmor1701d & melosu58
Foxface is a dead issue. I'm :Ding knowing our 30gal. SW tank is cycled and all aboard are happily swimming around. I'm also :Ding because I know we'll go bigger in the distant future. I think a 50/55 gal. would fit in our living room but we'd have to find a larger cabinet. From what I've seen here at AA, browsing through all your beautiful aquariums going 50/55 requires a lot more equipment than just a water pump and heater. Anyway, right now we're very pleased with what we have now. I think growing slowly is the best way to go. :usa cmor1701d..how big is your sailfin tang? He's beautiful.

Jimbo: Be afraid be very afraid. I love a good sense of humor. A good laugh does a lot of good. As soon as I get photos I'll add them to my profile. I have a small 10 gal. fresh and the SW tank is 30 gal. Can I put you on my buddy list?

Back
Top Bottom