What to add in my 45 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now i have a maroon clown, choc chip star, a anemone, 6 turbo snails and 2 coral crabs. I need more fish that swim. The fish at the lfs im not too excited about or they are too expensive. So i plan to probably order something through them.

I do know if possible id like a yellow tang last. I have read that 45 gallon is the minimum for them. Also i have always wanted a cleaner shrimp but i need more fish currently so he has something to clean.

Heres what i have to work with. Tank is cleaner now this is just the picture i had on my computer.

a cleaner shrimp would be fine with what you got rite now. yellow tangs need larger aquariums to be happy, they will feel cramped in there and will get stressed out causing them to be unhealthy. from the looks of it you need a few snails. try some turbo's and some nassarius. as for fish there are plenty of options, maybe a flame angle, midas blenny, chromises, firefish, a kind of sand sifting goby, or a cardinal fish. tell us what youre interested in and we can help you out better.

Well i do want a little larger more colorful fish. So the flame angel would be a good idea. The midas blenny isnt bad looking either.

yeah, they are both pretty active too. idk if you are planning on a reef but the flame is hit or miss as to nipping at corals

Also I`ve heard that CC stars will eat corals and anenome`s. They are definitely not reef safe. I personally dont think your tank is big enough for a yellow tang. If you are looking for something yellow a lemon peel angel would look nice.

I think a watchman goby would be cool too. And yes the choc chip is not reef safe. Ive had him a while and hes never bothered my anemone. Are those blue linkia stars reef safe? I might think of returning the choc chip and getting one of those because later on i wouldn't mind having corals.

idk if you are farmiliar with this site but its a great place to read up on youre fish and see a large spectrum of the aquarium inhabitantsthat u might want... liveaquaria.com

Are those blue linkia stars reef safe? I might think of returning the choc chip and getting one of those because later on i wouldn't mind having corals.

Mine is almost 4 yrs old and hasnt messed with my corals. IMO they are reef safe. They do have a difficult rating on the care level.

000_0252.jpg

Back
Top Bottom