what to feed my orange spot goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have freeze dried krill. It floats though. Do i need to get something that will sink to the bottom?

try frozen mysis, krill, cyclop-eeze, blenderized shrimp, squid, clam, and the list can go on...

Like James said, use those items can be purchased a lot cheaper at your grocery store. Check the FRESH seafood section. You just grab a bunch, mix it in the blender and you have good fish food. Personally, I like to soak mine in garlic guard, Zoe and Selcon, for added nutrients.

hmm what exactly do you get and do?? like i dont want to be dumb here and mess stuff up. Do you buy that seafood mix stuff and just grind up a bit at a time and put it in the tank? It makes sense cause i also have frozen marine quisine and the fish love it. ----I just put some of that in to try and see if hed swim up and get some.

I just reread your post. Are you letting the frozen thaw out? I generally add a little tank water and add the above mentioned sups and let soak for 20 minutes.

yea but i just let it sit in the package in room temp until i think its good enough. But it still circulates in the upper half of the tank for a while and my clown eats a ton of it before any goes to the bottom.

How big a package of krill are you defrosting?
Are you sure it is completely thawed?
Try thawing some in a cup of tank water for a half hour or so before adding it to the tank.

ok thats working. I ended up buying a package of shrimp too. its small shelled and pre cooked. Really cheap too. Is this ok for feeding?

Use RAW not cooked food for your tank. It's also best to freeze the food, then thaw it before feeding. Freezing fresh fish will kill any parasites that may in it.

oh ok cause yea i bought the stuff that said cooked on the package. Looks like i will eat that stuff lol.

Back
Top Bottom